Getting a facial is one way to keep our skin fresh, young, and glowing. It is no secret that facial treatments are popular among people of all ages. But how often are facials recommended and are they effective?
What is facial service?
A facial is a beauty treatment for the face that cleanses, exfoliates, and nourishes the skin. It can also help unclog pores, reduce puffiness, and brighten the complexion. A facial should be customized to the individual’s skin type, as different types of facials can be very beneficial for various skin concerns. For example, someone with acne-prone skin may benefit from a facial that includes deep cleansing and extractions, while someone with dry or sensitive skin may benefit from a more hydrating facial treatment.
There are many different types of facials available at spa and beauty locations, so it is important to do some research beforehand to find out which facial would be best for you. Some of these include:
- Classic Facial
- Basic Cleanup Facial
- Acne Reduction Facial
- Fruit Facial Treatment
- Lymphatic Massage Facial
- Aromatherapy Facial
- Microcurrent Facial
- Anti-oxidant Facial
- Wine Facial
- LED Light Therapy
- Glycolic Acid Facial
- Laser Resurfacing
- Collagen Facial
- Acupuncture Facial
- Photo Facial Treatment
- Skin Lightening Facial
- Hydrating Facial
- Chemical Peel Treatment
If you are unsure what facial service to get, you can search for an esthetician near me and ask for a recommendation. That is because there are facial services solely for skin problem treatment and some for anti-aging facial treatments. Luckily, our expert skin specialists are highly skilled in giving you the perfect facial service appropriate for your skin condition and needs.
Benefits of Getting a Facial Done Regularly
Getting facial treatments is the next-level skincare routine you must try. We all know how to take care of our skin at home, but it is also good to get a professional facial service once in a while to make sure that your skin is deeply treated.
There are lots of benefits that facial treatments can do to your skin.
- Cleansing and Detoxification – facial treatments will deeply clean your pores and remove build-up dirt, oils, and toxins that damage the skin tissue. It also detoxifies the skin by removing dead skin cells and makes the skin much healthier and brighter.
- Exfoliation and Skin Tightening – facial services can help remove dead skin cells that cause dryness and roughness. Through a facial scrubbing service, dead skin cells will be eliminated and restore the skin’s healthy state. In addition, facial services can also help in the regeneration of collagen tissues which are the main ingredients for tightening the skin and reducing wrinkles which are signs of skin aging.
- Anti-Aging Properties – getting facial treatments will definitely reduce sun damage, wrinkles, and age spots which are the typical insecurities of aging women. In addition, facials improve the body’s blood flow due to the stimulation of muscle cells and the regeneration of skin cells.
- Rejuvenates or Revitalizes Skin – Getting a facial service is one way of treating our skin from various skin problems like acne, blackheads, wrinkles, etc. When you get a facial treatment, you are also giving your skin an opportunity to rejuvenate and heal, resulting in a new smooth-glossy and softer skin surface.
- Acne and Eyebag Treatment – facial treatments have microdermabrasion or chemical peeling features that soothe or remove deep clogged dirt in your pores that cause acne. It also rejuvenates your skin and treats your under-eye bags with an anti-aging eye cream.
- Open up Skin Pores – clogged pores is a common cause of acne. This is why getting a facial service is a great way to open up the pores and apply deep cleansing to remove dirt and dead skin cells. Through this, you can lessen the chances of acne, blackheads, and whiteheads.
- Reduces Stress – getting a facial will elevate comfort and relieve stress in your body. This is because facial treatments include facial massages that stimulate our sympathetic nervous system, effectively reducing anxiety levels and uplifting your mood.
- Professional Care – getting facial treatments is not just a waste of money. Our professional esthetician can give your expert skin treatment advice and tips that skin products on the market won’t tell you. With this, you can prevent additional costs in skin treatments when you face several skin problems and you won’t get exhausted trying various methods that don’t actually work on your skin.
How often should you get a facial done?
Girls know how important skin facial treatments are. A lot of women thought that getting facial treatment should be done every month. But that is not the case all the time. There are lots of factors to consider as to how often you should schedule facial services.
Your skin type will tell you how much it needs facial treatment. If you have oily skin that is prone to acne, you can get facial treatment more often than usual. If you have clogged pores, blackheads, and acne, getting a facial treatment every month will benefit your skin a lot better. For safer and better skin results, it would be a great practice to always talk to an esthetician near you.
Facial Chemical Strength
Scheduling your facial treatment will depend on how much chemical strength is applied to your face. If your facial has a more profound peel effect, it would take time to recover and you have to wait for it to heal before getting another facial schedule.
Specific Facial Treatments
If you have a lot of skin issues or deeper skin damage, your esthetician might schedule frequent facial treatments as required. Let’s say your esthetician recommends more peeling treatment or eye enhancement treatments. That constitutes a series of treatment sessions, and you must schedule more frequent facial services with your esthetician.
Rejuvenation or Revitalization Speed
It is also important to take note of the rejuvenation speed of your skin. If you are young, your skin revitalizes quickly and you won’t need many facial treatments. But if you have deeper skin damage and skin issues, your esthetician can recommend more facial treatments until effective results are seen.
Need Facial Treatment?
There is no specific number of days, weeks, or months in scheduling facial treatments. That will depend on various factors that may affect your skin result. The effectiveness of the facial treatment you are getting will also depend on how much you invest in your treatment sessions and how you maintain a healthy skin routine.
But, one thing’s for sure: if facial treatment is done correctly, it certainly benefits your overall look and confidence. So, are you ready to start your dream facial service? Trust our expert estheticians at River District Aesthetics and get the best quality facial treatments you deserve. Visit our website or call us today!