Thinking about getting botox? Botox or botulinum toxin type A (BTA) is a protein complex that blocks signals from nerve cells to muscle cells, causing temporary weakening of the targeted musculature. It is used medically as a therapeutic agent for temporary improvement of frown lines between the brows and for pain associated with migraines and cervical dystonia .
But it’s not just for aesthetics — it has several medical benefits as well.
From treating chronic migraines to reducing excessive sweating, botox can help improve your quality of life in more ways than one. In this article, we’ll take a look at three medical benefits of botox and how it can benefit you.
Botox Boosts Your Natural Beauty
Botox is one of the best ways to enhance your natural beauty and reduce the signs of aging. It’s an ideal solution for those who don’t want to go through extensive treatments as it offers a quick and easy way to reduce wrinkles without any serious side effects.
Botox can help with a number of different cosmetic concerns, including acne, skin discoloration like rosacea, and wrinkles. It’s important to note that the effect of botox is only temporary — it works by temporarily weakening the muscles that cause wrinkles in the first place. In other words, your wrinkle will return once you stop taking botox treatments.
Botulinum Toxin A injection, commonly known as Botox, has been clinically proven to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in areas around the eyes, mouth corners, and crow’s feet. Over time, repeated facial movements can cause the muscles on one side of your mouth or eye to contract too much and lead to permanent wrinkles or facial lines.
You may ask, “Does botox treat acne”?
Studies show that botox is an effective treatment for bothersome acne-prone skin, such as oiliness, enlarged pores and breakouts. It is recommended that it should only be done on those aged 20 or over as hormonal changes can be more permanent in this age group.
Plastic surgeons who are experienced with the procedure are confident of its effectiveness. If you’re over a certain age, botox might be the perfect remedy for acne.
Botox Helps With Various Health Conditions
Botox injections are widely used for softening wrinkles, especially on the forehead and around the eyes. It works by blocking certain chemical signals from nerves to reduce muscle contraction and relax facial muscles. Botox is a great way to reduce or even temporarily eliminate wrinkles from your complexion.
Botox injections are often used as a form of treatment for various medical conditions. It is important to note, however, that Botox should not be viewed as a cure and it only helps with certain symptoms or health conditions like the following:
- Excessive Sweating – Botox treatments are increasingly being used to treat a condition known as Hyperhidrosis, where people experience excessive perspiration even when not physically active. This can cause great discomfort and thus it is vital to seek medical help for an effective cure.
- Migraines – Botox injections can significantly reduce the frequency of this excruciating headache. This treatment is particularly designed for those who experience headaches 15 days or more in a month. Chronic migraine is a condition which manifests as frequent and severe headaches.
To get the most out of the treatment, visits to a doctor are advised about once every three months in order to maintain its positive effects.
- Bladder Conditions – Botox injections can be extremely beneficial for those struggling with bladder complications – such as incontinence due to an overactive bladder.
- Neck spasms, or cervical dystonia, is a condition that some experience. The neck muscles contract involuntarily, resulting in the head contorting into an uncomfortable position. This can be quite painful for those afflicted with this condition.
- Disorders of the nervous system, like cerebral palsy, often result in involuntary muscle spasms that cause limbs to draw in towards the body’s center. Additionally, eye twitching is a common symptom of muscles twitching.
- Lazy eye, also known as crossed eyes or misaligned eyes, is most often due to an imbalance in the muscles responsible for moving the eye.
Botox Alleviates Chronic Pain
Botox injections have been shown to be effective in treating chronic pain by alleviating inflammation, which can cause pain and affect quality of life for those who are experiencing intense or long-lasting pain.
Botox is injected around the nerve responsible for the most intense form of chronic pain and in effect takes away the pain signal that’s being sent to your brain. This may also help with reducing withdrawals from opioid medications such as methadone, because it can reduce cravings and anxiety as well as withdrawal symptoms like nausea and vomiting.
When Can I See Results?
It typically takes 1-3 days for the effects of Botox injections to take effect, though it could take up to a week or more for you to see complete results. Also, it’s important to note that not all people experience visible results or relief from their symptoms.
Treatments can be expected to have an effect that lasts up to 3 – 4 months. To maintain the results, regular injections following the same schedule spaced out by a minimum of 3 months is recommended.
After receiving the injections, there may be slight bleeding, however you won’t need to rest or take any time off. You can head right back to your daily routine right after the procedure.
Interested in Getting Botox? Request a Consultation Today!
Are you interested in looking and feeling more refreshed with Botox? River District Aesthetics offers the latest, safest, and most effective treatments for facial wrinkles caused by aging.
Our experienced team of medical professionals is dedicated to helping you look your best and feel your best. With our outstanding customer service and state-of-the-art technology, we can help you get the results you desire. Our healthcare team consists of skilled and experienced experts who are dedicated to providing you with a customized treatment plan.
Get in touch with us now and receive the care you deserve!